Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Or as they say in England, Happy Christmas! :) I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today. Tooley and I slept in, and then opened our presents to each other and the presents from my host counselor and his wife. Santa Tooley was great this year! We have SOOO much candy! If anyone would like some Cadbury's chocolate, feel free to fly over and eat some with us. :) It's hard spending Christmas away from my family, but I want to thank everyone for the special things you've done to make my first Christmas away from family and friends as easy as possible. Thank you for the cards, gifts, e-mails, and calls...they really mean a lot! This afternoon, Tooley and I cooked a HUGE meal - I'm stuffed! We cooked a turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, and snacked on a yummy cheese tray while we cooked. We also had a cute little snowman cake for desert. I'm not going to tell you how long it took us to cook everything, but we had a great time doing it! We also watched some classic Christmas movies..."National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation," "Elf," and "Bridget Jones's Diary." Well, "Bridget Jones's Diary" isn't exactly a classic Christmas movie, but it got us excited about heading back to London for awhile. :) Tomorrow will be my last post for a week or so, because I'll be in London and Paris with my friends until the 5th of January. Tomorrow, I'll post a bunch of pictures from Cairo. Here are some highlights from mine and Tooley's endeavors in the kitchen:

Our turkey, complete with the stuffing inside. Thanks, Marks and Spencer! (popular department store/grocery store in England)

Dinner and a movie...on my laptop!

Tooley showing off her turkey carving skills

Doesn't this look delicious? :)

Our cute snowman cake

Get it, Tools! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home