Thursday, January 19, 2006

Tooley's Farewell Dinner

On Tuesday night, Tooley and I went out to eat with one of her friends from work, Fraser. Fraser goes to Stratford-upon-Avon College, and he's hilarious! The three of us went to Cafe Rouge, a fun French restaurant in town. I had croque monsieur, one of my favorite French meals that I just discovered I like while we were in Paris. Tools and I had a great time asking Fraser crazy questions about growing up in England, such as "Do you mind that you have to answer to a monarch?" (even though the Queen has very little power), "Why don't British girls wear makeup?" and "Why is the punk movement so big here?" He gave us honest, funny answers, and taught us some new British words. We also got him to speak in an American accent, but it sounded like a nasal, New York accent. He really likes American culture, and hopes to go to school in Connecticut or Arizona to study abroad. After dinner, we walked around town and hung out. Today (Wednesday), Tooley and I hung around the house while she finished packing. We met up with Catherine, Marfo, Michelle, and Natalie to eat at Cafe Uno, an Italian restaurant, for Sarah's farewell dinner. We had a great meal and fun conversation. After dinner, we went to Cox's Yard, a pub where local musicians play. Another guy Tooley worked with, Byron, is in a band, and they played tonight at Cox's Yard. We ran into Fraser, and it was fun to just hang out. We listened to some of the bands play, but none of us were really impressed. Most British people under the age of 20 dress really punk...black hair, lots of eyeshadow, funky clothes...it's also a reflection of their music. The bands we listened to were really punk, which means they basically screamed into the microphone. Now Tooley is finishing up her packing, and tomorrow morning she leaves to meet Mary Virginia in London. It's going to be sad not having Tooley here, but it hasn't really hit me yet because I'm going to see her in London, Spain, Switzerland, plus she and Mary Virginia are coming back to Stratford on February 6 to spend the night before they fly home. I'm just glad I live in a house with two other girls! Once Tooley leaves for good, I'll only have about 6 weeks left until I come home for spring break. Hooray! I'm going to post pictures soon from Tooley's farewell dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home