Sunday, March 19, 2006

My Last Full Week...

Well, the countdown has begun! As of today, March 19, I have NINE days til I fly home! :) A month at home will be SO nice. I love it here, but there really is no place like home. Before I go home, though, I have to finish three HUGE papers. I've finished one, and I'm starting on the next one, but I don't think I'll be able to finish the third, so I may have to work on it at home. All of my classmates are busy working on papers. Cat's planning on pulling an all-nighter to finish one that's due tomorrow. Good times! :) I'm looking forward to this week...on Monday and Tuesday, I'll be working on my paper, plus I have class on Tuesday (ok, I guess I'm not looking forward to that), but on Wednesday, the crew from Mississippi College is heading to Stratford-upon-Avon for the day, so it will be fun to see all of them. On Thursday night, some of my friends and I are going salsa dancing. :) We're going to a two-hour workshop, and then there's a salsa party! It should be fun...I've never salsa danced before. I have my last weekend class next weekend. Whew...I can't believe I made it through a whole school year! I'm ready to enjoy the nice, warm, Mississippi weather. I think everyone in England is ready for spring, because people are starting to wear brighter colored clothes. Teenage girls in England amaze me...it can be snowing outside, and they'll be wearing short skirts and a light jacket. I don't know how they do it! So while the rest of us are bundled up in scarves and heavy coats, the teenage girls are dressed for spring all year round! Monday, March 20 is my dad's birthday, so be sure and wish him a very happy birthday! :) This weekend, Cat and I were talking to Marfo, and we asked her if they have the Easter bunny in Greece. She said, "The WHAT?! The Easter BUNNY?!" We said, "Yeah, the Easter bunny brings presents to children on Easter." She started laughing, and thought we were trying to play a joke on her! We finally convinced her that it really is a tradition in the United States. Easter is one of the biggest holidays in Greece. Marfo told me that they have huge parties and lots of food. She said that at 11:00 a.m. on the Saturday before Easter, everyone leans out of their windows and drops vases onto the street. Pretty cool! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home