Sunday, June 04, 2006

So Sad!

Well, in exactly three days I will be back in the USA! I'm excited about coming home, but SO sad about leaving England and my friends! I've lived here since September, so it's become like a second home. This won't be a long post, because Marfo, Cat, Michelle, and I are about to have dinner together. On Thursday, Michelle, Marfo, and I went to Cardiff, and had a wonderful time! The weather was perfect. It's really warmed up a lot! We walked around the city, took a tour of the castle, and then sat in the park. After dinner, we headed back to Stratford. Cardiff is less than two hours away, and we passed some unbelievably beautiful countryside. Wales is gorgeous! On Friday night, we went out and had a girl's night. Saturday, Mike and Judy took me on a tour of the Cotswolds along with Mike's brother and sister-in-law, Steve and Denise, who now live in Los Angeles. (Steve just retired from Paramount Pictures). We spent ELEVEN hours touring different villages like Bourghton-on-the-Water, Stow-in-Wold, Moreton-in-Marsh, Lower and Upper Slaughter, Broadway, Chipping Campden, etc. The weather, once again, was perfect, and we had a great time! It was really sad to say goodbye to Mike and Judy...they're like my British parents! Today, I roamed around town and sat by the river in the sunshine. Stratford is so beautiful! I took a few more pictures, just for memories, but I tried to do it discreetly, because I HATE when people mistake me for a tourist. Tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to London, and I fly out early Wednesday morning. It still doesn't feel like I'm leaving for good. Of course, I'm not leaving FOREVER...I'll definitely be back to England. But I just won't LIVE here anymore. It's very bittersweet! I'll try to make a final post when I arrive back in the U.S. I have lots of cute pictures to post! Pray for me on Wednesday when I fly home!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Avery,

I know this is completely random, but I was just looking through a post in my old blog where we debated whether Snape would turn out good or evil in the final Potter book. Well I just read the book, and you totally nailed it. Nice call!

I hope all is well wherever you are.

Cheers,
Corwin

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home