Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Ave, Tools, and...Shakespeare

Well we made it to Stratford-upon-Avon! I'm SO sad that our internet won't be hooked up for a month, because I can't hook up my camera to the computers at the library to show everyone pictures! I'm gonna try some other places, because I want everyone to see how cute the town is. On Monday morning, Tools and I took a train to Coventry to meet Mr. Geoff Lockett, a member of the Rotary Club. He and his wife Eirlys cooked a delicious meal for us (even Tooley liked it!) and drove us to Stratford-upon-Avon. On the way, we learned that lanes in the road are called "carriageways" in England. Our new house is so cute! It's a room at a Bed and Breakfast, and the room is spacious with two twin beds, a bathroom, and a kitchen downstairs that we can use. Our landlord, Jeremy, reminds us of a male Lauren McIntosh (love you, Laur!), and is really nice and funny. We strolled around the town and saw the most wonderful thing ever...an H&M only two minutes from our house! Are we lucky or what? Tools applied for a job there today, so wish her luck! We ate a yummy dinner at a little pub called The Garrick, which we really liked. The town is really cute, and has everything we need...clothing stores, grocery, drug stores, Costa coffee (yum!), etc. It's a very safe, quaint, picturesque little English town. The population is about 20,000, and it's the 7th largest tourist site in England, thanks to William Shakespeare. Today (Tuesday), we woke up and went to Morrison's, the large supermarket in town, and loaded up on groceries. Then, I went and looked around my new school, and Tooley applied for a few jobs. We roamed around a little more, and now I'm in the library updating my blog! :) The weather has been great! It's warmed up a little, and the sun is shining. The river Avon flows through the middle of the town, and there are weeping willows hanging over it and swans swimming around! The town has a very relaxed atmosphere, which is nice, and we feel very safe. Our Vonage phone and internet won't be hooked up for about three weeks, which we're a little frustrated about, but maybe it'll be sooner! Tonight, we're just going to take it easy and do a little more exploring. We're planning on taking a road trip sometime soon to a little village in the Cotswolds, which Stratford-upon-Avon borders.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when you say he's a "male Lauren McIntosh" does that mean he's quite feminine or that I'm a little butch? Hmmm. So glad you love the town. It sounds so 'Jane Eyre'!!! Love you Ave!!!

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if I can allow myself to read your blog anymore Avery...it's really just all too much to handle. Way too much. I think I left my heart in England...

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home