Friday, October 21, 2005

We're off to Bonny Scotland!

Yesterday, our broadband equipment finally arrived...hooray! The telephone repairman also come and fixed our phone line. However, as I predicted, we had a slight problem. To make a long story short and avoid going into computer-talk, I'll sum it up: our internet equipment does not connect to our Vonage phone. The Vonage phone lets us call the U.S. as a local call, and also lets Tooley and me get onlie at the same time. After visiting numerous computer stores yesterday, Tooley and I discovered that we would have to buy a new modem that would work with our phone router. Sad! Our internet will be connected on October 26, so hopefully we'll get a new modem by then! I can't wait! :) Our phone number is 601-427-0310, so everyone please call us on and after October 26...it'll be like calling a cell phone in Mississippi! In other news, the Fair is back in town! It's called the Runaway Mop, and it's a smaller version of the Mop Fair from last week. All the school children come to the fair on their lunchbreak and ride the rides. It's Friday, so that means there is a market in town...I'm about to go check it out! :) Yesterday I found a huge antiques store that has lots of fun costume jewelry - there are so many great shops in Stratford! Early tomorrow morning, Tooley, Catherine, and I are taking a train to Birmingham, and then catching another train to Edinburgh, Scotland. I'm so excited! The train ride is supposed to beautiful, because we go through the northern part of England and southern part of Scotland. Luckily, we don't need our passports because Scotland and part of Ireland make up the United Kingdom, so the government recognizes it as one big country. On Saturday we're going to explore the town and MAYBE go on a haunted tour if we can get tickets. Walt (my friend in Edinburgh) told me that Edinburgh has the reputation of being the most haunted city in the world. All day Sunday we will be on a tour through the Highlands, including Loch Ness and Glen Coe. We're leaving Monday afternoon. The weather is supposed to be COLD in Scotland this weekend...in the 50s (10 degrees Celsius). I won't be able to post again until Tuesday, but I'll be sure to put up lots of pictures when I return! MSU's homecoming is this weekend...Go Dawgs! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home