Monday, March 27, 2006

Last Post from England...well, for a month

Hey everyone! This is my last post from England until I return on April 25th. Wow...I cannot believe that I'm going to be home TOMORROW! In a way, it seems like I've been gone for years, but then again, it also seems like I just left yesterday. I'm REALLY excited about coming home to good ole Mississippi, but I'm NOT excited about carrying my suitcases...they're huge! Here's my itinerary for tomorrow: 6:15 a.m. - catch train to the airport; 7:40 a.m. - arrive at airport, check in, hang out; 10 a.m. - fly to Newark, NJ; 12 p.m. (American time) - arrive in Newark; 2:30 p.m. - fly to Atlanta; 4:33 p.m. - arrive in Atlanta; 7:50 p.m. - fly to Jackson; 8:15 p.m. - arrive in Jackson - finally! I'm really excited, because my aunt Patti and cousin Katie are going to meet me in Atlanta and eat dinner with me! Hooray! :) Tonight, Marfo, Michelle, and I went to an Italian restaurant called Ask for dinner. It was really nice! Cat's parents arrived today from Texas. I met her mom, and she's so sweet! This past weekend, I had class and ran errands. On Saturday night, Marfo and I went to see the movie V for Vendetta, which was pretty good. But guess what...one of the main characters lives in Stratford-upon-Avon! Tim Pigott-Smith, who plays Mr. Creedy (one of the bad guys) is living in Stratford and performing in the play Women Beware Women at the Royal Shakespeare Company. When his character came on the screen during the movie, Marfo and I were like, "Oh my gosh! It's the Duke!" (He plays the Duke in Women Beware Women). I've seen him around town, so I think it's so cool that he has a major role in a movie! I actually saw him today, jogging by the river. How cool! Sunday was Daylight Savings Time, and it's been SO nice...the sun has been setting at 8 p.m.! It's really warmed up a bit, but it's incredibly windy...the wind practically blew me down today! I've never felt anything like it. Hopefully I've packed everything for my journey home tomorrow! I'm going to be working on essays while I'm home, but it shouldn't be too bad. My suitcases are SO huge that I have a taxi coming to take me to the train station tomorrow, even though it's just a 10 minute walk. Luckily I can leave most of the stuff home and come back with lighter suitcases. :) Please pray for me as I fly tomorrow! My total journey - from the time I fly out of England til the time I reach Jackson - will take 16 hours. Yikes! I hope to see everyone soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home