Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Michelle's Birthday and Harry Potter

Good news...the spaghetti I made last night was actually pretty good! Of course it wasn't as good as my mom's, but that's to be expected. Today I actually did a lot of research for my paper - not fun - but at least I was productive. I have class this weekend, and on Sunday Tooley and I are going to the premiere of the new Harry Potter movie in London! We're so excited! Both of us LOVE Harry Potter, and although we aren't going to watch the actual movie, we're going to hang out in Leicester Square and watch the stars walk down the red carpet. :) Lots of other movie stars are supposed to be there, like Hugh Grant and maybe even...Jude Law! So next time you read People Magazine or Us Weekly and see pictures from London movie premieres, that's where we're going to be on Sunday! Maybe we'll end up in People Magazine...just kidding. We're going to spend Sunday night in London and take the train back to Stratford very early on Monday morning because Tooley has to work. The weekend after that, I'm going to Coventry to spend the weekend with Bianca (Rotary Scholar from Brazil) and her host family, the Littlefords. David Littleford is a member of my host club, Coventry Phoenix, and his wife Jill is really sweet. Tonight Tooley and I went out to eat at Cafe Rouge with a bunch of girls for Michelle's birthday. The restaurant was really good! It's a French restaurant, so I had crepes (stuffed with cheese, mushroom, and lentil) for supper and crepes (stuffed with chocolate and bananas) for dessert...yum! During supper, Tooley and I tried to speak Italian to Marfo (she's from Greece, but fluent in Italian, too) but she kept laughing at us! She was practically rolling on the floor when Tooley said "autobus," which means bus, but the vowels are pronounced differently so it's hard to say. Marfo said it sounded like we're combining French and Italian. Oops! I guess we need to keep practicing with the Italian starter kit that Tooley bought! We redeemed ourselves by listing letters of the Greek alphabet - after four years in a sorority you learn almost all of them! Marfo was very impressed. Funny story - during the meal, we were talking about toga parties, and Marfo asked us what togas are. We were like, "You know, a toga! Like the Greek gods wear." We couldn't get over the fact that she's from Greece and didn't know what we were talking about. She said togas aren't Greek, and she's never even heard of one. They call the garments the Greek gods wear another Greek name. So now we have no idea where togas came from! Maybe the Romans? Supper was very fun, and afterwards we walked around until it started to rain. I've attached some pictures of Michelle, Marfo, and Natalie.

Tooley, Marfo, and Michelle at Cafe Rouge

(American) Natalie and me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home