Thursday, April 27, 2006

Spring weather!

Well, after 12 hours of sleep last night, I awoke this morning (well, early afternoon) jet-lag free! Hooray! I lounged around for awhile, then met Hannah and Michelle at Costa for some coffee and catching up. Michelle and I stopped by New Look to see if they've gotten any new clothes, and then I made a quick trip to the gym. Tonight, I had to speak at my host Rotary club. I usually don't get nervous before my speeches, since I don't know ANYONE at the Rotary clubs I speak to, but I kinda got a little nervous about this speech, since I know everyone in the club! I think it went well, though. We actually had a buffet dinner, so no carrots or potatos for me, thank goodness! The weather really has improved since I've been gone. Today I was able to wear a short sleeved shirt and light jacket, and right before I left I was wearing two pair of pants at night! I love the drive from Stratford to the Rotary club in Coventry...England is just so beautiful! I'm ALMOST completely done with school...only one paper left! My friends, however, are working on their dissertations, so I'm going to try not to rub it in their faces that I'm through while they're still in the library doing research. :) Oh, well...I'm going to try to enjoy my break before I begin THREE more year of school in law school! While I was home, Ash and I found an apartment to live in next year...I'm so excited! We'll be living in Laurel Park, which is right off of Lakeland Drive in Flowood. We move in a few days after I get back from England. During the rest of my time in England, I'm planning on taking some fun day trips to see parts of the country that I haven't seen yet such as Wales and southern England. And of course, many trips to London! I'm actually going to London tomorrow to visit the Mississippi College crew one last time before they head home. Marfo will be back from Greece tomorrow, too, and I'm excited about seeing her! On Friday night, my Rotary club is having a Frog Jumping Party...I'm a little confused about what that is, but I do know that it does NOT involve actual frogs. Should be interesting! Tonight, my host counselor Mike told me about a popular game called snooker, which I've never heard of, and I'm pretty sure we don't have it in the U.S. It's like pool, but it's played on a table three times the size of a normal pool table. Also, cricket season began this weekend, which is pretty popular in England. I found out that I missed Shakespeare's birthday celebration in Stratford...it was this past Saturday! It's a HUGE event in Stratford...Prince Charles and the Archbishop of Canterbury came! They have a big parade, and a ceremony. When I got back in town yesterday, there were flag poles lining the streets, and the cab driver told me it was for Shakespeare's birthday. I'm sad that I missed seeing Prince Charles! Oh, well. Since I'm back, I'm going to try to update my blog everyday or every other day. I hope everyone enjoys it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home