Friday, September 23, 2005

A Rainy Day in Warwick

Today, Tooley and I took a train to Warwick, a little village about 15 miles away. It was rainy a little cool today, but the weather cleared up this afternoon. Warwick is a cute little town, but very limited on restaurants and shopping. I guess we've gotten spoiled in Stratford! I've been surprised at how many Indian restaurants there are in England! The majority of the restaurants in tiny Warwick were Indian. When Tools and I arrived, we headed straight for Warwick Castle, a beautiful castle on the outskirts of the town. It was huge! We had a lot of fun looking around and posing for silly pictures with the statues. We climbed to the top of the tower and had a beautiful view of the town and surrounding countryside. I wish the weather had been clear, because the mist from the rain obstructed the view of the countryside when I took pictures. I just love the English countryside! The grass is bright green, and instead of seeing cows like you would in Mississippi, you see sheep. After we toured the castle, we walked around the town. I had a scone, clotted cream, and cup of tea in a little tea room, then we had a light lunch in a restaurant down the road. By the time we got back to Stratford-upon-Avon, the skies were sunny! On Fridays, there is a little market in the center of town, which I can't wait to check out. Tools and I walked around trying to find a gym to join, and then we stopped by McDonald's for Tools (she's not a fan of the food here). We really wanted to get on the internet, but the library and internet cafe close early on Friday, so guess what we did...walked around the town with our laptops until we found a wireless internet connection! Haha! So now we're in Snappy Pizza, munching on chips (french fries) and checking our email. Today has been very fun! Check out the pictures of Warwick (sorry the format looks a little funny):

A street in Warwick

Warwick Castle...we climbed to the top of that tower!

Front view of the castle

Tools and I got in trouble for goofing off...just kidding!

Me dancing with a statue

Tools was parched from walking around the castle :)

A view of the countryside from the tower...I hope you can see it through the rain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home